I perhaps used this line too frequently last Friday.
“Anya, what are you doing this weekend?” ………… “I’m going to Disneyland!”
“Have fun plans this evening?” ………….. “I’m going to Disneyland!”
“Anya: You just got off work, what are you going to do next!” …………… “I’m going to Disneyland!”
OK, that last one didn’t actually happen, but you get the idea.
Yes, we went to Disneyland this weekend. The whole lot of us. We engaged in fantastical adventures including, but not limited to:
- watching of fireworks
- riding almost every ride that was open
- sailing the open seas (a.k.a. the circular river run contained within the park) on a pirate ship
- getting reprimanded for touching a live cannon while on that pirate ship (what?!)
- humming the Pirates theme song incessantly (“Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate’s life for me!” You’re welcome.)
- locating – and then taking advantage of – the free coffee refill policy at one particular park coffee/bake shop (free refills all day with your receipt — jackpot!)
- getting a small thrill when the Dapper Dan quartet tipped their straw hats to us with a “Morning, ladies,” greeting
- walking our feet down nearly to the bone over the course of two full days of magic-having
Here are some fancy phone photos from the trip!
She looks positively thrilled to see me.
(Two partly successful panorama attempts…)
The two tones of air travel.